Thursday 21 March 2013

Toads-in-their-Holes

 
 
 
Tonight I had Toads-in-their-Holes with brussels sprouts, little potatoes and squashes for my tea.
 
 
Mummy made lots of little toads-in-their-holes in a muffin tray so they were the right size for me. Daddy has some like mine for his tea too and mummy has some but with her vegetarian toads.
 
I ate all my squashes and brussels cos they are my favourites and most of my toads-in-their-holes. I shared my toads with Clover cat. Clover cat liked the toads too.
 
 
For my afterwards I had some kiwi fruit slices. I am not sure about kiwi fruit and I shiver when I eat it first time but then it is alright.
 
Recipe
6 Chipolata sausages
75g plain flour
1 egg and 1 egg white
100ml milk (goats like me or cows if you like)
Oil or butter for the muffin tray
***
Cook the sausages in the oven until they are cooked. Heat up some oil or butter in a muffin tray you are using while you cook the sausages
Mix up the egg, flour and milk to make batter and whisk until there are not lumps.
Chop sausages into nice sizes for small hands to hold and pop into the bottom of the muffin tray and pour the batter on top.
Cook in the oven at Gas Mark 7 for about 20 minutes until the Toads-in-their-Holes are puffy and golden.
***
Makes 6 large muffin sized Toads-in-their-Holes
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment